Thursday, August 18, 2005

quiet but busy


Well I did manage to stay home today but can't say I had what I would normally imagine is a "quiet" day...with rest and relaxation. Did some washing and cleaning. Took a while to get my engin phone to work. In fact it is still not quite right. We seem to be able to make calls but when I ring the new number it doesn't connect. Waiting for the techo to get back to me.
Peter took Dad's old PC into his bungalow after I spent a fair bit of time, in vain, trying to get the G drive (a 40 gig hard disk) reformatted in a way that Windows 98 can see it. He has decided to do it himself. Don't blame him and can't say I am disappointed :-)
After much cleaning in the kitchen and leaving all the doors open all day I managed to get the burnt broccoli stink out of the house. I also managed to defrost and wash my freezer in preparation to moving the fridges back into the kitchen (they have been parked outside since we started our renovations).
Did a lot of washing and managed to get most of it dry.
Did a lot of surfing on the internet trying to find some statues I brought over from Mum's place prior to working out how much to sell them for. No luck yet so may have to go and visit some shops to get an idea.
Sent a few email messages around. Made dinner. And that's about all. Still didn't get to setting up that PC for Haylee and Melissa.
Talking of our granddaughter. On Dad's old PC came across a very nice photo of our son Michael and Haylee and Melissa. Hence I am doing a bit of showing off. (Grandmothers prerogative). Hope you like the pic. It was taken in 2003.

1 Comments:

Blogger Inge said...

good question! Michael will have to explain. But unfortunately he is still a silent reader of blogs!
Love, Inge.

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home