Friday, August 19, 2005

Cold and wet here in Melbourne

Well…the front door has been open all day so that my shutter installer (John) can have power. Was sitting at my PC before and suddenly it got real cold. Been drizzling all day. Sort of day it is nice to be inside, relaxing with the heater on, a good book or movie…ahhh…one day I will get there!

 

There has been a dubious looking character hovering around outside. He first made his appearance when we were having the floor laid. Came into the front yard, then to the front door and told the floor layers they should not display their mobile phone in the window sill. Because someone might come and pinch it. I came out just as he was leaving and asked him where he was heading. He told me to the mall. I don’t know…none of us believed he was realling trying to warn us…felt more like he was casing the place.

 

Then today he made a reappearance. Was hovering in our drive around John’s truck. Then told John to be carefull that he already warned us re leaving mobile phones in view. John also felt that he was more checking the place out than being a friendly neighbour. I am glad for the shutters. Even gladder still when we finally get a proper fence put up! Still waiting on a quote for that.

 

Fixed the PC for the girls so now all that remains is to deliver it.

 

The shutters are installed…only the handles to come. I tested them out in the bedroom. It is pitchblack inside with them fully down. Will be very easy to sleep in! They are great for people who work shift!

 

Have copied Peter and added an adveritising feature to my website. My geographic map is no where near as glamorous as Peter’s. So probably a waste of time advertising on my site J

 

Last remaining bit of work inside is to install a linen cupboard. Mario has been and pulled out the old one and replastered the wall. But today I found out that the cupboard won’t be installed until the 6th of September. So will have to live with the junk on the patio for another 10 days!

 

John is due to finish in a few minutes and then I am off to pick up Mum and go shopping. In the meantime have been taking photos for more ebay sales.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Inge said...

Trouble is I can't remember what he looks like. I saw him last in July. yesterday the tradesman saw him and only knew it was the same guy because he mentioned it himself. But should I see him again I will take note and contact the police.
Love, Inge.

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home