Sunday, August 21, 2005

blobbing ads, belly dancing and dreams

We had a very nice night out last night at our old church in Mount Ev. They had a “middle east cuisine” night and had invited us to join in. Gave us a chance to catch up with old friends which was great. The event was very well attended. Our friend Dennis C gave a 30 minute presentation showing slides of the middle east with a commentary. He focused on cities in the middle east. As he has been there many times it was very well done. He is quite an expert on that and ancient scriptures.

Then there was a belly-dancing demonstration which seemed a weird thing to do for a church social. But a lot of fun was had by all. And the food was great!

Only negative thing was the long drive there and back! We drove past our old house on the way back but it was all in darkness and looks unoccupied.

I had a weird dream about that house the night before. Dreamt we all stayed there for a night. The entire family. We still had the keys. Was Dennis’ idea. I was worried sick about it because I felt we were trespassing as the house no longer belonged to us. So was carefull that we didn’t leave any traces. No idea where that dream came from!

Read Peter’s blob last night and thought it was very funny. I forgot to tell him that I have already done a few things as a result of his ads. Bought a course in “how to stop snoring”. Gave it to Dennis. It’s a huge document so I think he was a bit put off by it. And I joined another blobbing community…a writer’s community. So far has not been very successful. Then today I looked at a course for writing a book using blobs and another article on adding characteristics to your blob. Seemed a bit complicated so have not yet tried it.

 

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Inge said...

Dinner sounds good. I'll tag along to either one ...if they eventuate :-) Now that I am a poor retiree am very quick at accepting invitations.

But...ebay is looking decidedly better now that I have sold that 1975 version of the encyclopedia. Will be so good to get them out of the house. Mum is happy to have the extra shelf space too!

Love, Inge.

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home