Saturday, September 17, 2005

Dutch Masters

Today we had a day of culture. Dennis and I visited the National Galary and had a look at the Dutch Masters exhibition which is finishing soon. Was very impressive and we enjoyed it very much. I love Art where I can actually see/understand what is being painted. And this stuff was a few hundred years old, so it’s interesting to see how people lived then. I get a bit lost with modern art which requires a lot of interpretation.  

Was good to go to the city as well. Had some delicious cake and decaf afterwards before heading home.

In case others haven’t noticed, Haylee is back online! And has promised us a new novel soon!

Welcome back to Ben and Amy too. Now how about some of the others….Helga, Holly, Lisa, Em…..your blogs are getting a bit stale!

Hate to mention that 4 letter word but…had a bit of success with eBay this week. Success as in number of items sold…..lots of italian books and novels…not in the same league as some of the others who are actually raking in the doe! My books usually sell around 1 to 2 bucks….however the odd one gets up to 15.00 and I had one set of Italian books go for 18.00 however…the person has not paid yet so jury is out. Maybe he realised that he overbid on the old books!

I am happy each time I go to the Post Office….means more room on my shelves!

Otherwise nothing more to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home