Wednesday, September 28, 2005

on holiday in Melbourne

Yesterday Mum and I spent a wonderful couple of hours at the Victoria Market. The weather was perfect and we had an appointment in the city so decided to have lunch at the market. At the Bratwurst stand. I haven’t been there for many years but it still looks and tastes the same. There were thousands of People. Tuesdays the market is open and lots of people go there, especially during their lunch break. After lunch we separated and walked up and down the isles. Mum inspected the deli and told me that the prices there were much better than Preston Market so we may make Victoria Market our main shopping place in the future. I bought yet another handbag. One stand was having a huge sale of Italian Leather hand bags. I just went for a look but fell victim to the charming manager who saw me eying off a bag and just kept lowering the price until it was impossible to resist. I always find that after using them for a few weeks each handbag I buy is somehow unpractical. So then I start looking for one with better features. But all you end up doing is giving up one feature for another….no bag is perfect. I need to overcome this urge to buy handbags. I think it is an addiction J

On Monday I had an appointment in Moorabbin. Mum came along and we ended up spending the afternoon at Southland. There I found a cafĂ© called “The Coffee Bean and Tea Leave” which was Dennis’ and my favourite haunt in Kuala Lumpur. They had cafes in every shopping centre and served the most delicious breakfast called Salmon Scramble. It was a ritual with us when we went shopping on Saturdays to start with this breakfast. Other times we used to order “regular pure chococate ice blended”. That is an iced chocolate that is like a chocolate slurpee. But with cream on top. Very cold but very delicious and probably very fattening. I found out that the Coffee Bean have a few outlets in Melbourne but that the only one serving breakfast is in the city near the IMAX. So we will be checking it out.

Southland has become huge. They have two shopping centres, one on either side of the Nepean Highway and joined by a giant bridge which contains more shops. You can park either side of the road. We were tired after seeing only a small part of it! Then we drove home via St. Kilda. So was a nice excursion.

The last few days have seemed like being on holidays. So today I will have to do some work! Tomorrow Haylee and Melissa are coming to visit. I am already looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home