Wednesday, October 12, 2005

ain't retirement grand! Queensland here we come!

Please Note: Melissa renamed her blog and I have added the new blog as a link in my blog!

Things continue to be hectic. We had visitors for lunch on Sunday. Martin S and his wife and our Michael. Had not seen Martin for many years. We lived in Malaysia for 2 years. He was in Canada for a while and they lived in Sydney for a number of years. Have known Martin and his family ever since Dennis and I were married (and Martin was very young). So it was really good to catch up with them and to find out that they live only a suburb away from us now. They have spent the last couple of years renovating their house. And looking at the photos did a very good job. Unfortunately about 6 months ago Martin fell off a ladder and has a badly broken (smashed) arm and shoulder. He also broke his foot. The shoulder is taking a long time to heal so he is still quite handicapped.

Monday afternoon I spent visiting my GP. He was very surprised to see how well I am looking. I said that I wasn’t even sure why I was there! Become a habit to visit him regularly J Have been feeling so much better the last few weeks that I am hoping that I have now turned a corner!

Tuesday I had lunch with a friend in Ringwood. We ate and talked for 3 hours! I could hardly move afterwards. The Restaurant served food on the biggest plates I have ever seen and the food was piled high! Afterwards I dashed around to Melissa’s school and picked her up. We then headed off to Haylee’s school and picked her up. Deposited both girls at home then off to a Real Estate agent to enquire into rental properties for Michael who is looking to get a  place in the Ringwood area. And then I headed back to Doncaster to pick Dennis up at work! Spent the night watching the box!

Today Mum and I went to Keilor to look at bungalows. Found one that seems just right for her place.

But the biggest piece of news is that Mum and I are taking a two week holiday and heading to Queensland. Will leave here Monday week and drive up. Expect to get there around Thursday. Then on Friday I will leave Mum at Sue’s place and go down to Surfers Paradise to book into a timeshare resort. Then will pick Dennis up at Coolangatta airport on the Friday evening. We will spend 4 days together in a unit on the beach. Then I take him back to Coolangatta airport on Tuesday morning (cup day). He will fly back. I will drive back to Brisbane to pick up Mum and start our drive back along the Coast. So ….watch out anyone living between here and there. You may get a surprise visit!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home