Saturday, October 08, 2005

another week closer to Christmas!

I don’t know where this week has gone! But it went by in a flash! Monday I sold the rocks but only a few have been picked up so far. Will wait a few days and then contact the buyer to see if he wants the rest!  In the afternoon I went with Dennis to his doctor to get the recent test results. He is all clear but will need to have the rests done again in a year’s time. Tuesday I had lunch with a colleague and my previous Manager who is visiting Melbourne from the Netherlands. Was great to find out what everyone is doing. But I still don’t miss work J Wednesday Mum and Gerd called in in the morning then Peter, Mum and I went to Northlands.Then Mum and I went to the Mall and picked up some more bargains for ebay. They were too good to resist but not my usual line! So am waiting on Helga to tell me if she would like to buy them off me (german made clothes which are brand new still with tag). Otherwise I will have a go at selling them. However I am not lucky when it comes to selling clothes. Just had another person ask for a refund because she didn’t like what she bought!

Thursday was shopping day. Mum and I went to Preston Market. Sometime inbetween I bought a freezer which was delivered today. Today I spent nearly 4 hours washing out my fridge so that it could go back inside. Leaving it out on the patio these last few months was a bad idea. A lot of dirt had got in that’s why it took so long to clean.

This morning we also had a skip delivered so tomorrow will be spent filling it up! Hopefully that will make a dint in the rubbish stored around the house!

Then in the afternoon Peter and I went to Heidelberg then we picked Mum up at the Mall and all of us went to Northlands where we had lunch at 4pm! And then I spent $100 at Coles in the frozen food  department. Can’t leave my new freezer empty!

Gerd has been sms’ me from Bathurst. He and Ben arrived safely and are having a great time. Not sure if I could stand it sleeping in a tent. But I guess they are both younger and fitter than me! Got an email from Robert. He is working hard in Darwin saving for his next trip abroad, in December.

Have been working hard on trying to reduce our cost of living. Had a major success with our phone. Last month bills were halved. Thanks mainly to the VOIP internet phone. Thanks Peter! Was a great idea! Next item to really work on is our food spending and this is where I hope the new freezer will help! Buying at the market in bulk!

Great day to get a skip. Raining cats and dogs outside so all that it is filling up with is water!

For those who are local and available, don’t forget it’s working bee time at Mum’s next Saturday!

And if you stopped by to read this blog then please have a thought for all of us bloggers who are not getting anything much to read these days (hint hint). If it weren’t for Natalie, Ben and Amy, I would probably give up too! Come on all those with stale blogs….reactivate them and let us know whats going on in your lives!

And finally….we have a lot of birthdays’ coming up. Next week it is Holly on Monday and Helga on Wednesday. And the other October children are Jye, Emma & Kathryn.

The sound of the rain is making me sleepy so I think I will call it quits for today. By the way, will be starting to do some planning for Christmas soon. So if you have any wishes as to what you would like to do this year please let me know quickly!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home