Sunday, October 02, 2005

more holidays

The last few days have been great. Starting with Thursday.

Picked up Haylee and Melissa round 10am and we headed off in the direction of Southlands. Melissa has just started reading crime novels by Patricia Cornwell and I had just sold the last one of my collection on ebay. We stopped briefly at an opshop and Melissa and I were delighted to find 2 of her novels there so we bought them for Melissa to read then pass back to me to sell on ebay…seeing as how popular they are! At Southlands we walked for miles up and down all the various passageways on each level. Haylee also bought a book. We started with a quick lunch and then headed back to our place to watch some DVD’s then have dinner. Was a very enjoyable day but I was totally exhausted. Haylee and Melissa’s pace was rather quicker than Mum’s walking pace so it really knocked me about. Need to get more fit J

Friday was a very hectic day. Picked Mum up around 9am and then we headed into the city where Mum had to get some legal advice. Also had to go to the titles office and one other appointment. We drove from one end of town to the other and were lucky to get a parking place close to each of the appointments. Then had to rush home. Had to take Peter to Heidelberg. Dropped Mum off at a shopping centre. Then picked Peter up. Took him shopping and for a quick late lunch. Then home, packed my bags and picked up Dennis at 4pm so that we could go away for the weekend.

Dennis and I spent an enjoyable weekend in the city J Not far but it was great to get away and not be reminded of all the things that are not getting done around the house! We had an early dinner (Thai restaurant) on Friday night before flopping down in front of the TV to watch an inhouse movie. Saturday we walked for miles trying to find the Coffee Bean café near the Imax but in vain. So we ended up having a very nice breakfast in Carlton. Then we split up in the city. Dennis went hat shopping and I wandered around Myers and David Jones. Watched more movies in the afternoon. I also did some work on my laptop which has ground to a halt. Probably need to reinstall windows to make it more efficient again. At the moment it is so slow that I fall asleep waiting for it to boot up.

Then today we checked out at 11am had breakfast in Clifton Hill then dropped off our bags, picked up Mum and headed to the Mountains to celebrate Charlotte’s first birthday party!

What a wonderfully relaxing weekend it was. In the meantime my ebay sales kept happening and the excitement of the month is that I sold the rocks in our front garden. Buyer was so eager he is coming around at 8am tomorrow morning to dig them up and take them away.

Was a pleasant afternoon with Kathryn and Bryan and Charlotte. She is so georgeous. And growing up fast. The weather was perfect and we all sat outside in the sun.

Had a quick look before and noticed that Amy, Ben and Natalie have managed to do some major blogging. Will read them all tomorrow morning. Now I am off to bed so that I can be up nice and early in time to say goodbye to the rocks in my front yard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home